Referring Provider Information
Patient Care Services
Share the Health provides free gynecologic consultative care on a referral only basis without replicating already existing services. We see patients on the third Thursday evening of each month. Our services include evaluation and treatment of:
- Abnormal pap smears
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Symptoms of menopause
- Pelvic pain
We offer the following procedures:
- Vulvar and vaginal biopsy
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Mirena IUD placement
Refer a Patient
If you have a patient that meets the qualifications listed on the previous page and has a need listed above, please complete these steps to refer a patient to Share the Health:
- Print off the REFERRAL FORM.
- Ask the patient to complete page 1 of the referral form. The referral will be denied if this form is not fully completed.
- Complete pages 2 through 4 of the referral form.
- Fax completed referral forms to Share the Health at 608-729-6390.
- A Share the Health physician will review referral forms.
- If your patient qualifies to receive care at Share the Health a volunteer will call the patient within 10 business days to schedule an appointment. If your patient does not qualify, Share the Health will notify you within 10 business days.
- Share the Health physicians will send you a summary of your patient’s visit after she is seen in clinic.
- Information on how to sign up for health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace in English and Spanish.
- Information on discount health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace and Health Connect.
- If your patient does not qualify for care at Share the Health please explore the Wisconsin Department of Health Services’ list of free and low cost health clinics in Wisconsin.
- Pap smears and mammograms are available for uninsured women through the Wisconsin Well Woman Program.
- Annual exams, STD testing, and family planning are available through Planned Parenthood.
Email Share the Health at [email protected] or call us at 608-729-6395.