Share the Health is a true collaboration that utilizes the knowledge, passion and compassion of many people. We are run entirely by volunteers, and we minimize our overhead and expenses by partnering closely with key community organizations. This helps us best meet the needs of uninsured patients today, all while remaining a sustainable resource for years to come.
- Madison Women’s Health, LLP donates clinic space and provides in-kind donations of supplies, equipment use, and reception staff to accept referrals and schedule appointments.
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health Ob/Gyn Student Interest Group provides two student coordinators and student volunteers to help with community education, patient education, and clinical care.
- Volunteers from University of Wisconsin Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency and Faculty, Madison Women’s Health, and Associated Physicians donate their time and expertise as gynecologic specialists.
- We rely on a variety of organizations to serve as referral sources for Share the Health. These organizations screen patients for medical and financial eligibility and help them complete the necessary referral forms: Access Community Health Centers, Benevolent Specialist Project Free Clinic, University of Wisconsin student-run free MEDiC clinics, HEALTH Program free clinics for the homeless, Planned Parenthood, and various local emergency rooms and primary care providers.
- University of Wisconsin Pathology Department reads biopsies free of charge.
- University of Wisconsin Community Cares Program helps our patients access lab services and cancer care.
- University of Wisconsin Law and Entrepreneurship Clinic provides free legal services to Share the Health as part of a service-learning program.
- University of Wisconsin Masters of Business Administration Students of the Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship provides business services as part of a service-learning program.
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals and University of Wisconsin-Madison Collegiate Chapter through the College of Human Ecology organized our First Annual Fundraising Gala in 2014 as part of a service-learning program.
- Tangled up in Blue, University of Wisconsin-Madison Women’s a cappella group, sponsored Share the Health via their fall benefit in 2013. http://www.tuibacappella.com/